Core

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just Another Day

Today is Thursday .... I had to look at the calendar to remember that. Since school has been out, I have been losing track of the days. Yesterday I went to the library to check out some educational reads and pick up a book I had requested. Amazingly enough, I am reading three different books. I started reading Something Borrowed last week and I can't seem to put it down. This is my fiction read. I am also participating in a book club for the book Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids. I can't wait to implement this in my classroom in the upcoming year. Last night I started The Book Whisperer. I picked up a handful of other books that I would love to read throughout the summer. This is the best time for me to catch up on my reading.

For the third year, my class will be participating in the Global Read Aloud. This year we will be reading Marty McGuire by Kate Messner. I figured I would check it out since I have not read this book. It would be nice to break it into chapters and choose questions that would draw on my students' comprehension. There are three different books, based on grade level. You can use the link above to take a peek. My students have really enjoyed it in the past. We use Edmodo to connect with students around the world. Teachers can post questions for students to answer based on each chapter. 

On a side note, I created a Facebook page geared to nutrition and fitness. I found an old picture of me and I could not believe the difference. I titled this picture "OMG" because I could not believe it. It is amazing what good eating and working out can do. I am so thankful for Beachbody! Shakeology, nutrition, and exercise were the key. They still are the key. 
I was lucky enough to attend Summit this year. It was three days of general sessions, workshops, and workouts. I really enjoyed meeting the trainers and other coaches from all over. One of my goals this summer is to work on my business. As of yet I have not been successful. Hopefully this will be the year for me! Feel free to visit my website. Beachbody is wonderful!

Have a super evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment