Core

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Currently for July!!

We are having a major heatwave here!! When we were out and about earlier it read 117 in my car. I'm at home trying to keep cool and linking up with Farley for this month's Currently. 



My Yankees are losing. That might be an understatement for the 9-2 score I observed on the television. One of the great perks of being a teacher is having the summer off. I am loving it!!! I know have time to work out more, play with the kids, and read! 

We are going to Disneyland in two weeks. We will be spending two days there and I am pretty excited. The kids are going to have a blast and for the first time in a long time, I am going to wear shorts the whole time. Usually I hate wearing shorts and dressing cool and comfortable but that is starting to change now that I am losing the extra weight and inches. That leads into me wanting to drop the last of the weight. It might not be leaving, but the inches sure are! I'm not one to give up. My husband made a workout room from our extra bedroom while I was at Summit and I love it!

As I mentioned earlier it is super hot here. Ice cold drinks are a must even in the air conditioned house. Finally, I say keep educating yourself. I am currently reading The Book Whisperer and I can not wait to implement some of the stuff I have been reading about into my classroom. Even though we are off for the summer I am still going to read what is out there so I can make my classroom even better.

Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

The Daily Alphabet said...

Hey, I found you from the Currently linky!!! Disneyland sounds so exciting, I really want to go there some day!!!

Angela
The Daily Alphabet

Mrs. Lindsey said...

Found you through the currently linky! Have fun at Disney!!

Lindsey
Lovin’ Kindergarten

Third Grade Galore said...

I'm so glad I found you through the currently linky. I've been teaching third grade for 5 years, but have been teaching for 13. I have two little girls. We leave for NC in two weeks. Enjoy your vacation.

Jeanette
Third Grade Galore

Unknown said...

I found you through the link...I am in LOVE with the name of your blog!
Kheila
Two Friends In First

savvy teaching tips said...

I love the name of your blog. I recently made a unit for Mother's Day called My Mom is my Superhero. So your blog title gave me a chuckle. Aren't all mother's superheroes right? Great blog, I can't wait to poke around a bit and check it out.
Sandra
www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

We just got back from a 4-day Disneyland vacation and it was GREAT!!! The weather was awesome. I reread The Book Whisperer every summer too!

Rachel
Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

Post a Comment