Core

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Whole Brain Teaching: Class-Yes!

I am participating in a book club for the book "Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids" by Chris Biffle. Take a peek if you are interested. http://wbtbookclub.blogspot.com/

 I am determined to get Whole Brain Teaching certified!  One of our assignments was to create 10-15 variations on Class-Yes. This was fun and difficult as I thought about different ways to get my students' attention. These are the variations I submitted. What do you think?

1. Are you ready? Aye, aye captain! [Spongebob]
2. Hocus Pocus! Everybody Focus! [great for October]
3. Come together, right now. At your seats. [Aerosmith tune which should be sung]
4. Raise the roof class. Raise the roof yes. [Hand gestures included]
5. Woot woot class. Woot woot yes.
6. These kids are on fire. Yes, yes we’re on fire. [Alicia Keys – sing it]
7. Yo class class. Yo yes yes.
8. When I say class, you say yes. Class. Yes. Class. Yes. [like a rapper]
9. Can you hear me now? Yes! [cell phone commercial]
10. Class, class, class, class. Yes, yes, yes, yes. [like Charlie Brown]
11. Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, class can I have your attention? Doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo, yes you can have our attention. [Doc McStuffins]
12. Yeehaw class. Yeehaw yes. [Full cowboy mode]
13. Class, class, class. Yes, yes, yes. [Nsync – Bye Bye Bye complete with the dance moves]
14. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, class class. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, yes yes. [Batman]

15. Can I get a class class? You can get a yes yes.

1 comments:

Brandi said...

I found WBT last summer and implemented a few things this year...it was amazing! I'm trying to absorb as much as I can from WBT this summer to do even more! Would love for you to stop by and check out my blog sometime!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade

Post a Comment