Core

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Ticking Clock

The clock is ticking as we get closer to the new school year. I report back to work in 8 days and school starts in 13 days. My husband is coming with me into my classroom today to help me put up my bulletin boards. I totally stink at getting my boards up straight. We went in last week to arrange the furniture. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Office Max had a great deal these past few days! It was Teacher Appreciation weekend. If you spend $5 or more you could get up to 20 free composition notebooks. Teachers also got 25 percent off. Needless to say after several trips I ended up with 75 free notebooks! I think that composition notebooks will last longer than the spirals. I already made labels and the notebooks are ready to go. Now I am just waiting to see if the folders, which are 15 cents right now, will go down any more.

Please go check out Tori's Teaching Tips today. I am featured on there with some good tips as well as a good activity to teach point-of-view. We are going to be headed out to my classroom soon. The air conditioning has been out in my house since Saturday afternoon and someone is coming today to fix it. Can you imagine no air in Las Vegas temps of 112 degrees? It has been torture! We have been staying out of the house and wouldn't you know I ended up in Target yesterday. I might as well just hand them my paychecks. :)

Have a great day!

1 comments:

Roy Keller said...

Interesting thouughts

Post a Comment