Core

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tired. So Tired.

Things have been pretty busy this last week and I have not been able to get on here and blog. My husband took our two older girls to Michigan for several days due to the fact that his grandmother passed away. They are getting back tonight. I was not able to go because I had to report back to work on Wednesday. I could not miss those three important teacher days. My toddler stayed here with me. I was very upset that I couldn't go but it was just not possible. My husband went back to work the Wednesday before I had to so I have not been able to get all the work done in my room that I would've liked to.

Fast forward to today - my room is pretty much done. There are still a few things I have to do and school starts in 2 days! It looks like I will have to make a visit to my classroom tomorrow. This is the first year that I have felt really truly panicked about not being ready for the first day. I have 23 students - the highest of all the third grade teachers. This is because there was a student placed in my class that was a special request. Not a big deal at all. Last year I had 23 students at one point so I can handle that. 13 out of my 23 students showed up for the Meet and Greet yesterday. This was the best turnout I have ever had.

Pictures were taken of my room on my phone. My husband has the camera. When I go into my room tomorrow I will take pictures with the camera and post them. I am loving the polka dot and sweets theme. I went and bought four boxes of candy (one dollar each at Walmart) to place at each of my tables. Each table will have a candy name. I have to be sure to empty the candy out first. Hopefully I don't go and eat it. Especially since finding out I lost 2.8 lbs this week!

Since I have no pictures to post and I am trying to get as much done as I can before my hurricane, I mean toddler, wakes up, I am going to get busy. Stay tuned for pictures of my uber cute classroom! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment